Sunday, January 8, 2012

January CQJP

Nearly a month since I last blogged but Christmas visitors have been and gone, my sewing room (converted over the holidays back to a dining room) is back in use and I have been hand sewing for a change, making a small square of crazy quilting for the CQJP. 

I had decided to base each month of the project on a different ecosystem and as I was given a selection of blue silk for a present, what could be better than to start with Seabed so here it is


I originally thought I would have lots of lovely little creatures on my seabed but quickly realised that there was not enough space so there are only two, a Cushion Star and an edible Sea UrchinJust as well, I think, as I have never embroidered on silk before and so thought it must need a stiff backing - not easy to sew, as I  soon found out (the backing, not the silk!).


Now all I need to do is to pluck up the courage to send the photo. Such a selection of beautiful embroidery has already appeared on the CQJP site that it has made me feel more than a little uncertain as to whether my block meets the rules, even.



4 comments:

Nima said...

i love you theme for cq..lovely mbellishing

Sheila said...

Definitely send that photo this is a beautiful block.

In stitches and seams said...

i think it is deffinatley worth sharing. what a great theme for your blocks It will be a beautiful quilt when done

Valspierssews said...

I had a look at the CQJP site and your block is wonderful. No need to feel uncertain. I love your scene theme rather than just pretty stitchery. Very impressive.